Seeing children smile is one of the nicest benefits of being a child’s parent or caretaker. Hearing them laugh is priceless. With care provided early in life by a children’s dentist, your child can get off to the healthiest possible start through good dental hygiene. This gives them the best chance to have healthier teeth and a white smile.
Going to the local dentist office will not seem so challenging to children when they’re introduced to taking good care of their teeth and seeing a dentist from an early age. Your children’s dentist will probably recommend seeing your child for the first time as early as age one. You can begin at home by softly brushing your child’s teeth using gauze as soon as their first baby teeth come in. This gets them used to the concept of dental hygiene.
Pediatric Dentists Are Experts At Making Children Feel Comfortable
Pediatric dentists usually have their offices decorated in a child friendly way to make kids feel comfortable. Many offices have special child size furniture and brightly colored, child inspired decor. Children’s dentists are also specially trained in:
- How to best care for children, along with additional training in child development and psychology.
- Latest advances in pediatric dentistry
- Communicating with patient’s and parents. Welcoming parental feedback and questions, along with parent’s active participation in the dental experience
Your local dentist office will strive to give kids and parents an experience that makes everyone feel comfortable. When kids and their parents are relaxed, the experience is positive.
Services Your Pediatric Dentist Will Provide To Children
Some of the services pediatric dentists specialize in are:
- Teaching kids the importance of good dental hygiene to prevent cavities, infections and other problems
- Dental x-rays if needed
- Fluoride treatments to prevent future cavities
- Flossing teeth and giving teeth a thorough cleaning
- Finding and filling cavities
- Placing sealants on molars and hard to reach teeth to protect them from cavities
Seeing The Dentist Becomes A Welcome Experience
When children’s first experiences of seeing a dentist are positive and affirming, they have the best chances for healthy, white teeth and beautiful smiles for life. If you’re interested in giving your kids a great start in dental care, feel free to call us to make an appointment. The gift of good dental health is priceless.